Subscribe Where You Listen the Most
Wanted: Mature, Spirit-Led Believers
When it comes to revival, personal revival, we are somewhat hamstrung by the reality that many in the church today do not know what that even looks like. Think about it. It’s not like you can pick up the phone and call a mature Christian saint who is at the top of their game spiritually, and has been for years, and ask them to mentor us in a personal revival. It seems, at least in the West, that those people are few and far between, if they exist at all.
And this is to the shame of the church… and to each of us as individuals.
So we’re back to the fundamental question.
What Does Personal Revival Look Like?
In this message, we’ll look at a few Scriptures that describe to us what true, Spirit-led, personal revival looks like. Some passages we’ll examine are Psalm 119:25, 37, and 40, along with a few of the kingdom parables (Matthew 13:44-46). We then look at Philippians 3:7-8, and a few other passages, and conclude by asking just a few questions.
• What is worth selling all you have to acquire?
• What is worth everything you are?
• What is the thing you value the most?
• Have you asked the Lord to show you things in your life that are worthless and deceitful and are causing you to sin and grieve the Holy Spirit?
• Or are you too afraid of what He might say?
• What will you do if He shows you what must go?
• Is the promise of living your life more alive and more abundantly than you are now worth more than holding on to what we are convinced brings lasting joy?
• Will you ask Him right now to reveal it to you?
But as we shared last week…
The Time is Now
Remember, our first step in seeking true revival is to ask HIm what we are doing, or not doing, that grieves His Spirit.
Until then, be vigilant and strong and live out the life He intended for you to live. Empowered by HIm, seeking Him, depending on Him alone, and faithfully serving Him wherever He commands.